Saturday, April 13, 2013

on windows + tacosOh, aren’t you lucky, you get a late night Saturday post because I already finished up all the images for a post I was supposed to do Thursday! Procrastination, thy name is Kate. Sorry not sorry.


Today was the first Saturday I didn’t have to work in oh, I don’t know, EVER, because I quit my most interesting job and am now free, free, free! I spent it in Geneva and Oak Brook with a friend shopping and enjoying not pulling my hair out at entitled people clamoring for a table or drunk guys clamoring for my number. I’m telling you, I feel so good.

If you’re ever in the area, you should really check out Bien Trucha (best Mexican food I’ve ever tasted), Cocoon, and The Paper Merchant. I struck gold at all three today, and then my wonderful Mother surprised me withmy favorite pie from Hoosier Mama Pie Company (not in Geneva, but if you are a sucker for banana cream you need to find a way to eat this. Not joking. Need.)

It was all so relaxing and so crafty and reminded me of The Renegade Craft Fair where I not only discovered Hoosier Mama for the first time but also the work of Jose Guizar, whose newest project, The Windows of New York, has got me enchanted. He walks around New York taking pictures of windows and then digitalizes them absolutely brilliantly. I need to find where I can get prints of these.

Go take a look at the rest of his work and enjoy the rest of your weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment