Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Oh, hello!

I apologize from the deepest corner of my heart for being bad blogger Kate the last few days (I have a lot of identities and that is one of my not so attractive ones. Usually I am fun and cute and a joy to be around {or so I’m told}…except for when I’m not. I am also very logical, apparently). I have a legitimate excuse: my roommate and her boyfriend broke up. So now I can add the identity of consoler to my repertoire.

Basically, what this consists of is being a very good listener, eating lots of ice cream (and then working out like crazy when she’s asleep to ensure that you’re not gaining any breakup weight), making Target runs, explaining the situation to questioning friends about 235.58810 times, latching on to whatever it is at the moment that makes her laugh (however weird that might be…cough Pocahontas) and rolling with it, and some heartbreak on your half. Because it’s not easy for me to see anyone in pain. Especially my best friend.

These last couple of days have actually made me pretty happy that I’m single right now. Because my roommate is beautiful and awesome and brave and strong and also has this uncanny ability to cry and look alluring and attractive and dangsexy all at once. When I cry? It’s kind of like a whale got beached and is bellowing for someone to lower it back into the water with a rather obnoxious foghorn going off in the distance. Also, composure is not my strong suit. Or emotions on the negative side of the scale. So basically, it’s a very good thing that I am on the consoling side right now, and I’m really glad I don’t have a guy to worry about right now. So there’s a silver lining for you.

Another silver lining is Roach Clip Art! Because as I have been sitting in this room being a good consoler, I have been scouring the internet for blog fodder, and stumbled upon this baby. Color and typography and graphics and green! Favorites all combined. Go get inspired, run along!

Hope your days have been great. Sweet dreams, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment