Monday, March 17, 2014



Long time, no see, friends!

What’s that, you say? You thought you’d never hear from the likes of me again?

Not so fast. You’re not getting off the hook that easy. After a (very eventful) six month hiatus, I finally had a chance to breathe last week (read: I was on spring break) and this little blog sent out its siren call and I just couldn’t refuse.

Guys. It’s been a full six months.

I have a lot of projects in the works (mostly because I am a bridesmaid in two weddings right now and the DIY is coming on hot and heavy), but before I get back into the swing of things, I’m going to catch y’all up Instagram style. Because I’m sure you’re curious about what I’ve been up to since August (ha. I’m under no delusions. But I want to have a chronicle so you get what you get and please don’t pitch a fit).

So. Without further ado!

In the past six months I…

…went back to Washington, D.C. for a semester long internship at a very awesome think tank
…watched my favorite team (go Hawks!) play in my favorite city
…went to Baked and Wired in Georgetown every Saturday for dirty chai lattes (swoon)
…got dressed up a lot and posed by monuments (it never gets old)
…took a weekend trip home to see my friends and family
…spent a great weekend in D.C. with my best friend who came to visit
…watched Davide Martello play an impromptu concert on the National Mall
…went to the National Gallery almost every weekend
…visited Annapolis with my family over Thanksgiving
…feasted on Maryland crabs and fell head over heels
…came home and got to work on a bajillion calligraphy projects
…celebrated Christmas in Dallas with my family
…came back to Chicago and was greeted by a polar. vortex. That is actually a thing (seriously, it has been the WORST winter ever. We’ve broken every record for snow fall and low temperatures. Hell is not warm my friends. It is very, very cold).
…holed up indoors and watched movies on movies on movies
…ventured out to Chicago and discovered hipster heaven by way of the Heritage Bicycles General Store and Coffee Company
…watched my best friend get engaged on Navy Pier
…traveled to the West Coast for the first to speak at fundraising events for my school and explored Seattle and San Francisco
…ate my first In N Out burger and scratched another item off my bucket list
…reluctantly came back to hell Chicago and did a lot of cross country skiing
…travelled back to DC for the National Prayer Breakfast and met some amazing international leaders
…was asked by the sidewalk if I was okay during a really hard week and was reminded again of God’s faithfulness
…was also asked to be a bridesmaid in my two best friends’ weddings! (so. excited.)
…travelled to the Outer Banks of North Carolina with ten of the best ladies on the planet for the most relaxing Spring Break in History…
…where I did yoga on the dock every morning and generally enjoyed paradise

And there you have it, folks. I’ve seen so many places, met so many new people, and am looking forward to some incredible opportunities coming in the near future. And now that one of the craziest portions of my life-to-date is over, I’m ready to get back to blogging (sporadically, because this is me we’re talking about).

I can’t wait to see what’s in store next. See you real soon, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment