Saturday, August 3, 2013



July, you were a good one. Last month I…

…started out in DC
…found my new favorite iced drink (dirty chai, extra dirty) at Baked + Wired
…got sick on the fourth of July
…but still saw the most amazing fireworks show I’ve ever laid eyes on
…spent a weekend in Baltimore
…explored DC to the very fullest with some wonderful people I’ll never forget
…came home and recovered
…designed some July desktop wallpapers
…went back to work
…stayed home alone (grumpily) for a week
…where I learned I absolutely cannot live alone ever ever ever
baked a cake in celebration of really committing to this blog
…went to the French Market too many times
…scanned about 1,000,000 folders
…got a little life direction
…welcomed my family back home
…finished my first NYT crossword without any help
…got my nails done
…spent some time with my two best friends in the entire world
...and got an internship for the fall

That’s right, I’m heading back to DC. In three weeks. For a semester! Let’s go.

I don’t know what my life will look like a month from now, but looking ahead I’ve set six goals for the month. These aren’t hard and fast rules, but things I’m choosing to do. I’ve chosen anywhere between three to ten goals at the beginning of every month for about a year now because I know that if I don’t have things to work towards, I won’t work towards anything. Mostly that looks like me lying on a couch somewhere reading too many books, ignoring the piles of essays screaming to be written, and having minor panic attacks when I realize how much needs to get done in a short amount of time. These little lists keep me sane, keep my moving, and keep my procrastination in check.

This month I choose...
1 to transition smoothly to DC
2 to complete 2 graphic design projects
3 to run 3 miles without stopping
4 to share 4 calligraphy pieces
5 to complete my 5-week Beth Moore study
6 to drink 6 glasses of water a day

It's not much, but it's something. And I’m so ready to see what August has to offer. It’s gonna be good. 

*all the photos are from my instagram...follow along! Let's be friends.*

No comments:

Post a Comment