Monday, July 29, 2013

word: perfectly imperfect
Late post, I know, but better late than never, right? I’m trying here. Anyway. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that I sometimes masquerade as a calligrapher (maybe once? Did I ever post the life quote I did on commission? If not, you can see it right here on pinterest), but I do. I love the feel of a fountain pen in my hand, the ink swirling out from my fingertips. I love seeing the lines and flourishes mulling about my mind take form on paper. I love the smell, the feel, the sound…all of it. I’ve been meaning to post some of my work (there is a lot, whole sketchbooks full!) but I always get a little bashful and don’t think it’s quite up to snuff.


Today, though, when I was doodling on some old invoices on my lunch break, trying desperately to get this song that had been plaguing me for hours out of my head already, I realized it might be the right time. One, because I hadn’t chosen a quote yet for today and two, because I knew I didn’t have time to edit it in photoshop, or run home and do it in pen and ink, or spend hours trying to smooth out an edge. An introduction to my favorite hobby, in all of its glorious imperfections? Sounds about perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment