Friday, July 26, 2013



READING short stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald...oh, yeah, and People, Royal Baby Edition. Gotta stay cultured, gotta stay in the know about pop culture. It’s a balance, guys. I absolutely love both F. Scott’s and Zelda’s short stories…not only do they speak to just about every feeling on the spectrum of those less than savory emotions we like to pretend we don’t feel every now and again, but they’re also perfectly crafted, down to the last comma. If you’re going to read just one or two, read The Offshore Pirate and The Cut Glass Bowl

And then there’s Prince George. I don’t know what else to say but that I’m obsessed. My future daughter will be his wife.

LISTENING there were a lot of spectacular new releases over the last cuple weeks. Most notably, one of my all-time favorite singer-songwriters, Ben Rector, released a new album for pre-order and one of his singles is featured right now on iTune’s song of the week. I’m also loving the new albums by Lorde and British crooners The Neighbourhood. Especially Sweater Weather, Royals, and Beautiful. Heaven.

TASTING Skinny Cow Pink Velvet Bars. I was in an absolutely awful mood on the way home from work yesterday, realized I had nothing for dinner, and swung by Jewel with a storm cloud over my head. I walked towards the cashier through the freezer aisle, glanced to my left, and I swear, the freezer lit up in a heavenly glow. They were pink, they were on sale, they were mine. And oh my stars and stripes. They are delicious.

WATCHING Suits. I’m sorry, I love this show. A drug addict turned lawyer? Office politics? Crazy, legally dubious, backstabbing cases? Got my name written all over it. Two episodes in and I’m not quite as hooked as I was last season, but I have hope. As long as Mike and Harvey can reconcile. And they stop focusing on this bribery case and bring back the fun cases. And Harvey dumps Darby (I’m sorry, Harvey and Darby? Are they crazy? That’s possibly the worst couple name I’ve ever heard in my life) and realizes Donna is the love of his life. I mean, duh.

* * *

I’ve also stumbled upon a whole lot of internet goodness this week, but I think I’m going to wait to share the love until Sunday. In the meantime, I want to know what you’ve been up to lately! Let me know what’s on your mind in the comments, check back on Sunday, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment