Friday, April 19, 2013



Well, I was thoroughly discombobulated today. I don’t know whether it was the effect of the flooding we had yesterday (that’s right, flooding. I awoke to some very early emails from my mother updating me on the state of the family homestead’s basement, received another frantic call from my landlord demanding that my roommates and I go down to our basement to check our sump pump (sad that I even know what that is), and then witnessed street after car after parking lot turn into lakes), my sinus infection, or staying up to an ungodly hour to finish my roommate’s birthday present…but in any case, I was asleep in every class, in the front row of chapel, and even on the floor of our kitchen. Hello, train wreck.

Thankfully I had rounded up all of these beautiful studs yesterday, so this required minimal thought (should I be saying this out loud? Don’t care). I have been on a stud kick recently – usually I’m a dangly earring kind of girl but one of my lobes is ripped and I’m trying to heal – and these are some of my absolute faves. So, without further ado, my top ten stud essentials!

* * *

1. Diamonds These are from Kate Spade. I own the rose gold pair and they are hands down my favorite pair of earrings that I have ever owned. They go with everything, dressy or casual, and have just the right amount of sparkle…they’re perfect. I won’t even do them the injustice of putting up alternatives, if you’re in the market for some good glass earrings, these are the way to go.

2. Pearls I was given these Anthropologie earrings as a Christmas present and they are another great go-to that match just about everything. If you’re really looking for another good diamond earring there are diamond versions of these earrings, but if you’re in the market for more pearls check out these black pearls and these freshwater and sterling silver studs.

3. Monograms I think I’m late on jumping on the bandwagon for monogrammed earrings, but I think if they’re subtle enough like these Swell Caroline initial studs they’re actually quite tasteful (I have been a ruthless critic of the monogrammed jewelry trend a la Michelle Money from the bachelor, but they’ve worn me down). I also like this silver scroll version and this gold version and these initials.

4. Drops This is one of my favorite kinds of earrings because they’re such an echo of what I usually wear. This pair of turquoise drops are subtly round and my absolute favorite color. I’m also liking this black version, this tiny gold version, and this silver version.

5. Bars This is a new favorite style I’ve been seeing around. I love this pair from In God We Trust, and this rounder style, this more geometric style, and the silver version.

6. Sapphire I’ve always loves sapphire studs. This pair from Steven Alan is subtle and delicate and perfect. If it’s a little out of your price range try these and if you’re looking for something a little more edgy look at this pair.

7. Geometric Aside from my Kate Spade diamonds, geometric studs are my favorite everyday earrings. I’m loving the bigger size and bright color of these Vince Camuto earrings, but also check out this Mark Jacobs pair, this emerald pair, and this smaller, gold version.

8. Charms I don’t think you can ever outgrow the charms (okay that’s not entirely true but roll with me here). I love this delicate horseshoe pair from a-thread, these spade earrings, and these anchor enamel studs.

9. Button These are a preppy essential. I featured the Laura Lance lobsters, but you have to love a style that can feature zebras and anchors and neon…oh my!

10. Knots I found so many of these that I liked. The J. Crew pair was my favorite, but you should also seriously consider this enamel pair, this Kate Spade pair, and this gold pair.

Phew. I’m gonna go take a nap. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment