Monday, November 28, 2011


Today was my favorite kind of day. Kind of gray, a little sun peeking through, not too cold, just crisp enough. I called these kind of days “magic days” as a kid, half expecting some angry faun to storm across my path (I don’t know why, they were always mad about something or other), or fairy dust to tickle my nose. I’m pretty sure I could count on one hand (with a mitten on) how many more days we have like this, before I have to break out the puffer and bid the sun farewell until…let’s see…oh yeah. Next April.

But I have to admit, I love Chicago in December. It’s beautiful. The snow hasn’t gotten that dirty brown tint to it, the neighborhoods have just enough pine to make it look like a Christmas card everywhere you look, and then there’s the city itself. If you haven’t been to Chicago at Christmas…you need to. It’s beautiful. Go skating, stroll through Water Tower Place, and eat a piece of Christmas pizza. Or, heck, just a straight up pizza. Yeah. We really like our pizza.

Needless to say, I’m ready for the weather change (at least I think I am. Let’s talk about it again in January). I think still take the kind of weather in Kate Tower’s beautiful Oregon pictures, though. The light, the colors, the clothes.  While you’re waiting at your windowsill in eager anticipation for snow (like I am), scroll through her site and live in these pictures. For five minutes, at least. Then you can go back to waiting for winter to come.

Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment