Thursday, September 8, 2011



I have a confession to make.

I literally love trash TV.

My roommate and I spent about 3.5 hours this weekend watching a marathon of the Real Housewives of New Jersey and, apart from being absolutely hilariously dramatic, I always feel so thankful that I’m not living their lives after I watch it. I mean, I don’t have to worry about my “dumb a** brother and his witchy wife” ruining my daughter’s christening (I mean, I don’t even have a brother, let alone one stupid enough to marry a witch), and I certainly don’t ever have conversations that follow this pattern:

A: What did you just say to me?
B: I didn’t say anything!
A: You said we haven’t spoken in years!
B: But we haven’t spoken in years!
A: How can you say that? We were both at Ariana’s first birthday party!
B: Yeah, but you never spoke to me…
A: How can you say that!
B: Do you hear someone talking?
A: You will look at me when I speak to you!
B: B****!

Thank heavens.

This show actually kind of reminds me of another funny rich-person mockery I came across, called first-world problems. My favorite? “I don’t have enough chips for my dip, but if I open another bag, I won’t have enough dip for my chips.” Or maybe, “My graham cracker wouldn’t break along the perforation.” Going to Wheaton College, I realize how much of a bubble we live in here in the US. There are bigger problems. I just need to find a way I can tangibly help with them.

Andddd in other news, go buy a bracelet from Mesa Blue. Because a) they’re gorgeous and b) they come in pretty colors. Plus c) they sparkle. And who doesn’t love sparkle?

Happy Thursday!


PS: Grandma, if you read this, thank you so much for your sweet card! Expect a thank you note early next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment