Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Phew.

Sorry for being absent last week after an astonishing display of commitment during Spring Break but. What a week. Typically, you expect the week after Spring Break to be tough, seeing as though you’ve sat on you lazy butt for seven days and neglected to do a stitch of homework, but I got hit hard this week. And, in a word?

It was awful.

I had to deal with blow after blow - some big, some small - but they piled and piled on top of each other, slowly crushing me, and culminated yesterday with the death of a classmate.

I don’t know why some weeks are worse than others. I don’t know why some weeks are worse than some years. I don’t know why such good people are called home so early.

But I do know that I have no reason to fear. I don’t shy away from the dark places when they yank me by the wrist and threaten my false sense of comfort. I have an unshakable joy walking alonside me in the valley, casting out all doubt. I will fear no evil.

I want that to be my reminder for this next month. And week. And year. And forever, really. Have a wonderful Tuesday (and I will be back tomorrow!)


No comments:

Post a Comment