Friday, March 15, 2013

spring fever

Well gang, this is it. The last day. The grand finale.

I’m depressed (not really. I’m too tan and happy to be depressed. But I did just read on weather.com [my love-hate relationship with this bearer of bad news knows no bounds] that it is currently snowing in Chicago. Not sure if I can handle that…).

Anyway, I just got back from the best meal of my life at The Red Bar (stuffed eggplant with shrimp and scallops if you were wondering, and yes, it did disappear in about 2.3 minutes flat) and I am currently plotting how I can convince them to give me their recipe so that I can eat that little slice of heaven every night for the rest of my life. Batting my eyelashes? Grovelling at their feet? Breaking in and forcibly snatching it? Anything to bring a little bit of summer with me back to the Arctic Tundra.

I feel like this break has ruined me. No way I will be able to stand thirty degree weather after laying on a beach for so long, much less studying (I shudder at the thought). I definitely have been bitten with a touch (okay, a sucker punch) of spring fever. I’m scoffing at any blog posts about snow and skiing and down jackets. I’m developing a new affinity for the color green. There’s a pretty good chance I’m going to be subjecting my poor (newly tanned!) legs to frostbite next week when I refuse to wear long pants.

In the spirit of spring, take a look at this beautiful branding design done by Kevin Cantrell for Hawthorne & Wren. I love the earthy textures and vibrant greens, and I really love the packaging options (I’m a sucker for tins, especially those tall cannisters). More photos after the jump. Go check out all of Kevin’s work (his typography is impeccable. I’m brimming with inspiration for my own projects). Enjoy your weekend (and send warm thoughts my way)!








No comments:

Post a Comment